An Ear Nose And Throat Doctor in Bethlehem PA can test for and treat allergies, cure sinus problems, treat snoring and sleep apnea, and resolve many other health problems. Primary physicians often refer their patients to specialists for specified problems.
A clinic or surgery center such as Allen ENT in Pennsylvania will employ specialists in Otolaryngology, head and neck surgery, and related fields. The surgeons have operating priveledges at local hospitals and at the Surgery Center of Allentown PA.
Treatments Offered For Many Conditions
An Ear Nose And Throat Doctor in Bethlehem PA can treat a wide range of conditions that people suffer from involving their heads and necks. Specializing has value for patients because it allows the doctors and surgeons to concentrate their education and training on a limited area of the body. They became very knowledgeable and experienced in a limited number of conditions rather than having limited knowledge of the whole body.
These specialists treat the following related conditions.
- Allergies caused by environmental and seasonal conditions
- Sinus infections and diseases
- Disorders of swallowing, the voice, tonsil, thyroid, and salivary glands
- Treatment of snoring and sleep apnea
- People who have problems with balance and dizziness can get help.
- Hearing problems such as loss of hearing, infection, and ringing in the ears, including providing and repairing hearing aids
- People with chronic nose bleeds, nasal blockage, and nasal polyps
- Swelling of or masses on the neck and head, including cancer
- Other conditions occurring in the head or neck
It is amazing how many things can go terribly and painfully wrong with the head and neck, but there is help at a clinic devoted to ear, nose and throat conditions. They try non-surgical solutions first but when surgery is the best treatment, they are qualified to provide that service also. People with Sinusitis involving inflammation of the sinus pathways may be helped by medications such as antibiotics, nasal steroids, or decongestants, or they may need Endoscopic sinus surgery to remove polyps and infection.
Patients who have serious allergy problems can get tested to determine which things are allergens. Once the list of allergens is determined, treatment can be given. For more information about treatment areas, visit Allen-ent.com.