Your garage floor is likely to incur abuse, unlike any other part of your home. Automatic fluids can leak from your car staining the floor and forming an unseemly smell. At the very least, grime or snow is likely to begin migrating into your garage. Contaminated garage floors can also cause accidents. If you use your garage as a workshop, it is imperative you consider installing a good Garage Flooring. Well-installed flooring for your garage will not only protect the floor, but will also enhance its beauty and function. There are two major flooring options for garages, which include garage floor coatings and garage floor coverings.
Garage Floor Coatings
Examples of garage floor coatings include sealers, floor paints, and epoxy paints. Garage floor coatings are less expensive than coverings, especially if you apply them yourself. Coatings can protect your garage floor from corrosive chemicals, stains and moisture penetration. Before applying garage floor coatings, you should make sure that your concrete slabs are dry, and the garage floor is well prepared. It is also important to have your garage floor pressure washed using solvents or degreasers to remove any greases or sealers from previous coatings.
Garage Floor Covering
There are three types of garage floor coverings, which include:
- Roll-out flooring
- : Roll-out flooring is a thick rubber mat that comes in a wide variety of patterns and colors. They are easy to install, clean and move.
- Interlocking flexible tiles:
- Interlocking flexible tiles are typically 18 by 18-inch or 12 by 12-inch tiles that come in a variety of colors and patterns to create custom designs for your garage. They are more slip resistant than roll-out mats and rigid snap-together tiles.
- Rigid snap-together tiles
- : Rigid snap-together tiles are made of a stiffer plastic than the interlocking flexible tiles. They can, therefore, handle heavier loads, which is vital if you use kickstands or floor jacks.
These are just some of the essential details you should know about flooring options for garages. To ensure that your flooring is installed correctly, hire an experienced professional from Hoffman Floor Covering Corporation. For additional information about Garage Flooring, and how you can contact a flooring expert, visit hoffmanfloorcovering.com. You can also visit them on Google+ page for more information.