Homeowners and others who may have experienced floods and other natural disasters know the importance of waterproofing their basements. A basement is the foundational structure of the home. If damage occurs, the entire home becomes jeopardized. Aside from maintaining a strong foundation, Basement Crack Repair in Baltimore and other forms of basement waterproofing offers numerous benefits.
- Prevent flooding. Flash floods pose a serious threat to basement areas that are extended below ground level. Waterproofing and repairing any cracks in the foundation walls will help to protect the home from water damage when a flood occurs.
- Mold and mildew prevention. Basement water leaks occur frequently even without flooding. Rain or snow can cause moisture, leading to dangerous molds and other forms of mildew developing. Making sure the basement is waterproof will prevent mold from growing excessively.
- Increases the home’s resale value. A well-waterproofed basement adds property value to the home, as it saves potential homeowners their time and money of not having to do the job themselves.
There are various conditions that may make a basement unpleasant, but many homeowners agree that water in their basement is a very serious problem. When a basement shows signs of any water issues such as cracking in the floor or on walls, it is important to seek Basement Crack Repair in Baltimore right away to prevent the problem from worsening.
Hire a Professional
Many techniques can be performed by a licensed waterproofing technician to ensure the repairs are done correctly. Techniques may include the following.
- Negative-side waterproofing is a technique used to apply paint or a waterproof membrane on the inner side of the basement wall.
- Interior French drains work alongside a sump pump system that captures all water leaking through the wall or along the wall and floor joints.
In order to determine the best approach for repairing or applying waterproofing techniques, it is best to consult a professional from a company such as Armored Basement Waterproofing. Professionals have the skills and knowledge to determine which technique will work best for the home. Contact a professional as soon as possible to ensure the basement will remain dry during the next big storm.