Teeth Whitening in Norma continues to be a determining factor in many people’s lives. This can be contributed to a drive to improve dental health, but many experts believe it is because society has deemed a great smile a “must have.” No matter what your determining factors are, whitening can be a very healthy choice for any mouth. If you are interested in possibly retaining a Teeth Whitening Dentist, continue reading to learn some valuable information.
Food and the influences it has on your mouth
During a whitening procedure, which includes the beginning, and end phases, your teeth are likely to entice exterior pigments. Teeth will become more sensitive to high temperatures, as well. Because of this, following the tips below would be in your best interest.
- Avoid consumption of certain fruit (cherries, blueberries) and deep green vegetables (broccoli, spinach, etc.).
- Do not smoke. If you are a smoker, try to quit.
- Never rinse with a chlorhexidine-based mouthwash.
- Avoid consumption of acidic or frozen drinks (pineapple, kiwi, and citrus).
- Practice routine oral hygiene. In order for Teeth Whitening in Norma to be successful, this is a must.
- Avoid consumption of colored sauces (soy sauce, Tobasco, etc.) and items containing food coloring (saffron, curry, etc.). These are considered to have a “high temperature.”
- Avoid drinking dark beverages (tea, coffee, red wine and soda).
- Does whitening damage the enamel?
- The pH of bleaching gel is formulated to prevent enamel damage. In addition, the LED cold light system avoids attacks on tooth and dentin structures.
- Are there any side effects?
- This procedure usually has no side effects, although a small number of people may have increased tooth sensitivity after treatment (lasts 24 to 48 hours). In these cases, the use of certain anti-sense products can be administered and analgesics can be recommended for a few days (ibuprofen and acetaminophen). Visit Millville Family Dental for more information.
- Are whitening toothpastes are really effective?
- Its effectiveness is limited to the composition and active ingredients with which they are made. Many contain peroxide or other agents in small quantities. These are designed to remove stains that were caused by tea, coffee, red wine and other things.
If you have questions concerning Teeth Whitening in Norma, it is best to schedule a consult with your local dental provider. They will be able to provide you with the necessary information going forward. Read more