lectric water heaters will last around fifteen years while gas models may not last as long. As a water heater begins heading towards the end of its life, it can begin to experience breakdowns and problems that can lead to its demise. When issues are arising, it is vital homeowners seek Water Heater Repair in Seattle. The sooner repairs are carried out, the less likely permanent damage will occur. With this information, homeowners can know the signs to look for.
If a water heater is having problems, these signs may be noticed:
- When the hot water supply of a home is no longer at the level it once was, it could be time for repairs. It is important a homeowner seeks prompt repairs to ensure the hot water heater does not completely go out. A water heater specialist can check the heater and ensure it is repaired properly.
- Should a homeowner smell a metallic smell when their hot water is turned on, this can be a sign the inner liner of the tank has become corroded and the metal is flaking off into the hot water supply.
- If a hot water heater begins experiencing popping and cracking noises, these signs should not be ignored. This often means there is corrosion that is causing an interaction between the heating element and the inside of the tank.
- Leaks should never be ignored because they can cause water damage and issues with electric shock. While a slow leak may not be anything major to deal with, it can lead to a broken tank that can send gallons of water into a home.
- Repeated repair issues can spell trouble for a water heater. When one is experiencing ongoing problems, it may be time to stop sinking money into a dying unit and purchase a new one.
If your water heater is exhibiting any of these signs of problems, it is important you seek repairs right away. With a water heater repair service, you can rest assured your water heater will be properly repaired and functioning as it should. Call today for your appointment to get started on protecting your hot water supply.