Many different health effects can stem from having mold in your house. Mold is made up of millions of tiny spores that are almost microscopic. Because they are so small and lightweight, they freely travel on the slightest breeze, which means they can be inhaled easily without being noticed. However, you will notice them once they create health problems. The health problems created by mold spores range from mild irritation to actual debilitating illnesses. You need to make sure you reduce mold in your house to a safe level. Mold removal is a process that can be quite difficult.
Since mold can never be completely removed, mold removal in Portland, CT is commonly known as mold abatement. This process is best accomplished by a professional team that can find the places where mold is proliferating and remove most of it.
Mold grows in dark and damp areas that are usually hidden out of sight. If you have a leaky pipe in your walls, it will become a target for mold to grow. If you have damping in your house, it will oftentimes feed the mold starting to grow. You should contact us if you have had any kind of mold in your house or if you think you might have mold.
The removal process involves removing all of the mold that can be found. This is best done with a HEPA vacuum that can catch even microscopic particles. Then, the mold removal experts will teach you how to avoid mold growing again in the future. The best way to do this is by cutting down on the amount of moisture that is allowed to proliferate in your house. You need to make sure you are keeping an eye on damp and dark areas such as attics and basements for signs of moisture and signs of mold.
Contact us for more information.