A lot of consideration goes into choosing a grave marker for one of your loved ones. This is true for the original gravestone, as well as a replacement if it becomes needed. It can be overwhelming, considering all of the options available to you. You can choose a granite grave marker Platte City with etched lettering, or a monument that has art included on the front. With so many things to consider, we have built a guide about your options so you can make an educated decision.
Grave Marker Types
There are multiple styles when it comes to a grave marker. Some of the most common include:
• Bevel Markers – Lie flat on the ground at the head of the grave and reach out of the grass.
• Flat Markers – Similar to the bevel marker, except that they lay at the same level as the grass of the grave.
• Monuments – Also called headstones, these stand upright coming out of the ground.
• Pillow Stones – Also known as slant markers, these are over a foot tall and sit flat on the ground with an angled back.
• Ledgers – Similar to bevel markers, except they cover the entire grave.
Materials for Gravestones
In the majority of cases, headstones are manufactured out of bronze, granite, or a combination of both. Granite grave markers Platte City come in many different colors. You can choose anything from white and black to pink and brown. You will also find that you can choose to engrave for most grave markers. This offers a range of styles and typefaces. It’s a great way to personalize a replacement headstone for your loved one.
Many granite grave markers are priced based on their weight. This means that choosing a monument over a flat marker is going to mean you pay more for the marker. However, other things make a difference in the price, as well. For instance, adding an engraving will often be an additional charge. The same is true for adding images or photos to the marker. You should also figure shipping into your budget if you plan to order a headstone from an online or third-party company.
If you are in the process of choosing a replacement gravestone for a loved one, we’d be happy to help you. We offer headstones of many sizes and types. We also provide many options for personalization. To see an example of our products, you can visit Van Vickle Monuments for more information.